Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: chin in toilet  (Read 1878 times)

Joel

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
chin in toilet
« on: August 17, 2008, 10:34:56 PM »

I saw a similar post, but I wanted to make sure I was taking the right steps.  My chin Tai was running around my room and adjoining bathroom and hopped in and out of the toilet quickly, and didnt get completely soaked, mostly underneath, but did get wet.  He rolled around on the carpet to get a lil dry while i grabbed a towel.  Due to only knowing me for 2.5 weeks there is relatively low trust and he doesn't like to be held. I trapped him in a towel and gently rubbed him.  It is now way past my bedtime and I will be going to sleep soon.  I dried him the best I could and let him get a dust bath.  Right now Tai is eating, running around and chewing his belly where it was most difficult to dry him. Is there anything else I should do or anything I should check in the morning?  Thanks for all your advice from my first post as well.

Jenova

• Appreciation points: 6
  • Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
Re: chin in toilet
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 12:10:52 PM »

As long as he dries quickly and fully it shouldn't be a problem. If you've dried him the best you can make sure he is in dry and draught free environment. Check him in the morning. Basically, he could get mould from being damp so you must check him over the next few days to make sure he isn't loosing any fur or getting any red patches of skin. He should be fine just keep an eye on him.

Oh and next time close the toilet lid. ::nod::

Deeliteful

• Appreciation points: 3
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
Re: chin in toilet
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 09:11:46 PM »

I sure hope he is ok please keep us posted  :( .
Pages: [1]   Go Up