Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The new Chin Cagney  (Read 2289 times)

Bogart

• Appreciation points: 0
  • Bogart & Cagney
    • View Profile
The new Chin Cagney
« on: February 15, 2009, 07:36:27 PM »

::silly::  :-\

I got Cagney (week ago Sunday), from the same pet store as Bogart, Cagney makes all these noises all the time, he also did the same at the pet store. They said all he is 5 months old, I don't know that he is even 5 mths. old.  Bogart was 6 mths. and wasn't making these kinds of assorted noises or vocals. He does them when I pet him in his cage, when I take him out of cage once a day only.
  So I am very curious as to why all the vocals with Cagney?? The newest is that he will let me stick my fingers in his cage, he smells them & doesn't bite. He takes some food from my fingers thru the cage, he is more to coming out now at night.
  He and Bogart have been switched once to one another's cage after clean-out as the book says. They are close together but not very close enough to loose fingers or toes.

Thanks,
Laurie, Bogart and Cagney
stormys500lmtd@yahoo.com
Black Viper's 500 LMTD

Jenova

• Appreciation points: 6
  • Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
Re: The new Chin Cagney
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 12:42:50 PM »

Some chinchillas are just very vocal. :)
Cheech hardly makes a noise apart from occasionally barking if she's too hot in the summer. Chong however, talks all the time. You can find out what all the different noises mean and it's really interesting because you can start to understand what your chinchilla wants.

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 11:08:29 AM »

Yes no 2 are the same, but the younger they are the more they seem to chatter. Some stop as they age while others are true chatter boxes for life.
Enjoy sounds like he reallllllly like his new home. ::nod::
Debbie.nl.ca

Abby W.

• Appreciation points: 6
    • View Profile
    • Virginia Chinchillas
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 11:32:22 AM »

I think chinchillas, like human kids, take a lto of their behavioral cues from their parents.  I find that my most vocal kits have very responsive, vocal parents.  I have females that chirp to thier babies constantly, and the babies always grow up to be very vocal adults, and vocal parents.  I also have one female who almost never makes noise with her babies and tends to be less responsive to them, and they, in turn, are very quiet babies, and only make noise when they are mad or scared.

ABC Chinchillas

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 27
    • View Profile
    • ABC Chinchillas
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 08:41:10 AM »

some Talk more. I have a few that even at nearing 10 years still talk back to me. some have never made a sound as far as I can tell, and some only talk a little.
Elaine McFee and Kristy Morici
starleomach@comcast.net
ABC Chinchillas
abcchinchillas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up