Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: They seem to be getting along...YAY! PICTURES ADDED  (Read 2948 times)

cadillactaste

• Appreciation points: 5
  • Fluffy (Standard) and Nibbles (Violet)
    • View Profile
They seem to be getting along...YAY! PICTURES ADDED
« on: April 23, 2009, 07:16:16 PM »

Well we introduced Nibbles to Fluffy...First with Fluffy the new fella in the carrier...they put noses to each other...and Nibbles was intrigued...When we got Fluffy out of the carrier...they sort of went in different directions...then went to a corner and cuddled each other...Nibbles looked to be grooming Fluffy. But I looked to make sure he wasn't chewing his fur. But they seem content...Fluffy was whimpering when seperated from Nibbles...When placed back with him...he stopped...Nibbles will cuddle then also run off and play...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 08:04:12 AM by cadillactaste »
~Darlene

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
Re: They seem to be getting along...YAY!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 07:34:11 AM »

::highfive::  Congratulations!  Sounds like you have two that will be happy to live together!   ::highfive::

::wave::  Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

cadillactaste

• View Profile
Re: They seem to be getting along...YAY! Pictures now added...
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 08:03:44 AM »

Yeah...looks like it...they get along so well...so far...that I just hate to even contemplate ruining a good thing with another one in with them.  Their personalities are so different as well...Fluffy the standard is a cuddler...not sure if it has to do with him being only 6 weeks old...Nibbles just now after 2 weeks will climb your arm or hop into your hands. But forget it if you attempt to just bring your hands close to your body...he's off hopin' in another direction like...Ain't happenin'... ::) Now Fluffy...he will even snuggle up against your body when holding him. Which surprised me! When my son picked him out...he was 4 weeks old...but really unsure about being picked up...That I even attempted to persuade him to choose another standard.

It was funny...My son knew from the get go which standard he had chosen almost 2 weeks ago...He made sure the Troy the breeder know his was the darker of the two... ::) Sure enough...That one was the male of that litter. For he checked both the sex of the one my son stated was his...and then also checked the one left in the cage.

Here is a picture of the two in a PVC elbow...

Fluffy our standard grey...at 6 weeks old.

Here they are cuddling...I slept in my son's bed last night...to make sure they got along ok...They froliced and kept me up half the night...but at least they were getting along.

Here they are this morning...I just took this picture.

It's something...Nibbles the violet has white paws...where Fluffy "probably" due to him being a standard...has black almost like cuffs across his paws. It's real cute the markings on his feet more like where his wrists would be...I believe he has simular markings on his back paws as well...to cute.

Also not sure if it's a size thing...but Fluffy seems so more compact verses Nibbles...And solid! He's a chunker  :o I don't recall Nibbles feeling so compact when we got him 2 weeks ago either...But I guess each are built a little differently.
~Darlene

cadillactaste

• View Profile
Re: They seem to be getting along...YAY! PICTURES ADDED
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 09:09:25 AM »

I know I should have kept them seperated :-\...but Fluffy kept whinning when he wasn't with Nibbles. And Nibbles really loved cuddling next to him...and playing with him. Not once have I seen any aggression...Fluffy even stole a piece of food from Nibbles while he was eating it. And Nibbles just looked at him and grabbed another piece.  I would have thought that would have been the time that Nibbles would have faught...had he wanted to. But he didn't...
~Darlene

Deeliteful

• Appreciation points: 3
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 09:36:35 PM »

AWWWW they are sooo adorable.

cadillactaste

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 06:23:20 AM »

AWWWW they are sooo adorable.

Thanks...We think so too...You know...I always thought I wanted a Mosaic...But  with the standard grey's personality...And how well the two get along...I'm thinking it is best left alone...why ruin a good thing. And if one would get sick...I can seperate the cages and have them away from each other until one gets to feeling better.

~Darlene

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 06:28:16 AM »

::silly::  Being from the same breeder, in the same room and the short period of time between pick-ups ... I would probably leave them together ... they seem to be doing great!     ;)   

::howdythere::   Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

cadillactaste

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 03:14:38 PM »

Thanks Jo Ann...They are doing great together...Cuddling and playing together...I try to not show favortism from one to the other. But the youngest craves attention...Wanting held. Where Nibbles will stand on your hands but forget cuddling or holding your hands closer to your body or he's outta there.
~Darlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up