Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My chin did something for the 1st time  (Read 1830 times)

Hoppinchins

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
My chin did something for the 1st time
« on: May 03, 2009, 06:58:09 PM »

The other day I let my chins out to play. They have a little play pen i put around there cage. everyonce inawhile one of my chins will try to excape by juping off of there dust bath onto the playpen wall and then climbing up to the top. The playpen is wire. Then I get up or look at them and they get back down most of the time. The other day, Pogo was out and he climbed up the cage when he was out for playtime. It suprized me and he almost got out. When I had first got them for a month or 2 I would let them run around my whole room. I know they miss that.

I think its interesting that they always do something new to suprize you.

cadillactaste

• Appreciation points: 5
  • Fluffy (Standard) and Nibbles (Violet)
    • View Profile
Re: My chin did something for the 1st time
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 08:45:55 AM »

Their smart little creatures...And I think he was showing you just how smart he can be...I agree it's great watching new things that they come up with. ::nod::
~Darlene

Sprinkles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 02:56:37 PM »

Occasionally i'll size down my room by blocking off part of the room (usually I block one point and build a wall around me).  This appears to only encourage Vanilla to explore more, and she's learned how to get me to move out of the way and then make a dash for the exit.  It really is amazing.  She's learned how to climb my shelf to get to the bed to get to the blocked off areas. 

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 11:20:19 AM »

Yeah they are really smart. I used to block off my room when I let them run free befor I got a fence. Pogo would always find a way to get to the areas he wasn't supposed to get. One time I had them out and after I got them in the cage I knoticed I had chinchilla poop on my bed. I didn't even know that Pogo could get up there. Next time I kept a closer eye on him to see how he did it. My sheet would be hanging close to the ground and he would climb the sheet to get on my bed. Then he was free to get on my night stand, under my couch and bed.

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 05:14:34 AM »

::silly::   Chinchillas are very smart and they get lonely ...  |hugs|  playtime should be a one-on-one time for you an your chin ...  ::nono::  no distractions for you!   If you are not paying attention to your chin ... he/she will do things to try to get your attention ... ::gobananago:: ::banana::  sometimes things that can get them hurt/killed.   :-\
  ::taunt:: Your little one can get into trouble very quickly and easily.
  :hugs:  Besides ... if you are playing with your chin,  ::hah:: you will enjoy it much more (and visa versa   ::(:Down:: ::wub:: ).   When sharing your time with your chin, you are bonding with it ... the closer the bond, the better/faster he/she will come to you/play with you as time goes by.
   ::think::  If you are giving them the attention they want and need, then they will not get as easily bored and sneak off   ::hide::  to find something that could possible hurt him/her.   :oops: 

::howdythere::   Jo Ann

Chinchillas are curious explorers at heart!  ::silly::
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed
Pages: [1]   Go Up