Chinchillas > Cages

How to build a cage

<< < (2/6) > >>

Summer:
  Hi Julianne Thank you I Will be sure to use that ::silly:: ::silly:: ::silly:: now that my chins are growing.

chinclub:
Are you a chinchilla club member?  If so login to the members area and and under the cages category we list a bunch of different cage designs and link right to the step by step directions.  There are some really neat designs.

Stacy:
I am going to make a new cage when my 2 start getting along and can be caged together. My dad has all kind of junk around his house and I found this big entertainment center type thing. I am thinking of trying to line it with thin pine plywood and make a cage out of it. I have no idea what kind of wood it is made of so I don't want them to be able to chew it. It is about 6 or 7' tall. Should I put 2 floors in it or would 1 with a lot of shelves work better. I really want this to be the last cage I build so I want to do it where it will last. What does everyone think?

chinchillagrl06:
You may want to make the inside melmine. It's so easy to wipe off and keep clean. There is a breeder selling out around here I am actually going to go have a look at her chins and take home 1 or 2 melmine cages if I can.  ::silly::

--- Quote from: babytaz0028 on August 02, 2006, 07:57:15 AM ---I am going to make a new cage when my 2 start getting along and can be caged together. My dad has all kind of junk around his house and I found this big entertainment center type thing. I am thinking of trying to line it with thin pine plywood and make a cage out of it. I have no idea what kind of wood it is made of so I don't want them to be able to chew it. It is about 6 or 7' tall. Should I put 2 floors in it or would 1 with a lot of shelves work better. I really want this to be the last cage I build so I want to do it where it will last. What does everyone think?

--- End quote ---

FLINTSTONESKID:
i have a bit of experience in building things of this nature, if i can ever be of any help, please dont hesitate to contact me at any time at BAMBAML19@AOL.COM good luck with your build, dont forget to take pics along the build and postem when your finished. The one piece of advice that i have is to research the wood you use, that is very important since they will eat any exposed wood they can and alot of woods are toxic to chins, i use aspen in some of my small projects, not a cheap wood but a safe one. Do your homework and good luck.

Josh

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version