Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Cage and Behavior Change  (Read 1081 times)

Pikachu

• SolsticeSun
  • Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
New Cage and Behavior Change
« on: November 12, 2009, 11:24:54 PM »

Hi everyone,

My Chin has just gotten a lot bigger, so I got her a new cage. The first night I set it up and brought her down to it, and let her play in it to see if she seemed to enjoy it or not. She bounced around and seemed to like it better then her old cage. I brought her back upstairs and put her in her old cage (because it was late and I didn't feel like cleaning the old cage, setting up the new cage, etc). The next day I get the new cage ready and put her in it. She now refuses to leave from it. She lets me pet her through the cage bars, but if I put my hand in the cage, she sparys urine at me. Now, my chin has always been very loving, she likes being held and pet, and normally hates being in a cage. She doesn't seem to hate this cage, she seems just to love it too much. So I was wondering what you guys thought.

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
Re: New Cage and Behavior Change
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 10:44:03 AM »

::silly::  
She now refuses to leave from it. She lets me pet her through the cage bars, but if I put my hand in the cage, she sparys urine at me. Now, my chin has always been very loving, she likes being held and pet, and normally hates being in a cage. She doesn't seem to hate this cage, she seems just to love it too much. So I was wondering what you guys thought.

Sounds like she loves her new cage and does not want to go back to her old one ... don't blame her ... she has much more room to run and play now.

::tickedoff::
She lets me pet her through the cage bars, but if I put my hand in the cage, she sparys urine at me.

You have ticked off this little one big time!   rofl   Chins usually do not spray unless they are mad, hurt, upset or scared.

::wave::  Jo Ann
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 06:38:14 AM by Jo Ann »
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
Re: New Cage and Behavior Change
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 04:18:24 PM »

She could be afraid your going to put her back in the old one. She could  like the new one so much she is not leaving it for anything right now.
I have seen this with mine.
You should see my males hide when the kits are born  :D   they know they have to leave for a while and really don't want to.
Give her time she should adjust.
Debbie.nl.ca
Pages: [1]   Go Up