Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autistic boy and Obi-Wan  (Read 1669 times)

obiwan

• Appreciation points: 2
    • View Profile
Autistic boy and Obi-Wan
« on: December 18, 2009, 10:33:39 PM »

Obi-Wan is so smart and sweet. My neighbor, K, and his wife, L, have several children that they had from both of their previous marriages and 3 they adopted after they got married, before K got sick. K's first born, H, is autistic and will never get more mature than the 6 year old mental state he has now. But he's a happy and healthy 19 year old who helps K with the multiple chores he does for people like me (grocery shopping, housecleaning, lawns, etc.) to keep their family afloat. K and a couple of the kids, including H, came over to my house today to drop off groceries and do some housework. He also wanted to show his second son how to take care of Obi in case K could not come over and I needed someone to help with Obi. Of course H wanted to see him. K had taken Obi out of the cage as he was awake and wanting a raisin (little mooch.) H was kind of scarred of Obi so K held him while convincing H to just touch him. Well, H put his hand out toward Obi and Obi grabbed it and started kissing his fingers.  ::wub:: Obi did not try to nibble or jump, instead he sat in K's hands and kissed H while H rubbed him under the chin (he hasn't let me rub under his chin yet!) It was like Obi realized that H is different and needed to be responded to more positively. Animals are just amazing!

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
Re: Autistic boy and Obi-Wan
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 07:52:37 AM »

Thanks for that wonderful post.  It is amazing how animals seem to be able to read humans like that.  I hope H and Obi form a wonderful friendship!

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina

cusunfireguy

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 07:48:36 AM »

Animals are totally amazing!  I recently had to give up a 4 month old female since my big Momma female rejected her after having kits.  I knew a really nice lady that had a chin that was almost 20 to give her to.  Her father has Alzheimers.  However, after she got "Boomer" from me, any time they talk about the new chinchilla, her Dad becomes completely aware and his normal self for several hours.  She has told me over and over that getting Boomer was a much bigger blessing than she ever could have imagined.  She gets her Dad back for a little while every day.  After having 2 grandparents die of Alzheimers, I know full well what she is going thru and it really does my heart good.  Animals are a gift of life!

Steven
Steven Mobley<br /><br />\"Free Schapelle Corby\"!

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 12:26:32 PM »

::silly::  Amen.

I think animals are much smarter, more loving and kinder than humans ... as a rule.    ;)

Many humans are so consided they would not allow a species to live, if they thought it was smarter than humans.

Why do I think they are smarter?  It takes a genius to convince others he is stupid instead of smart.   ::nod::

::(:Down::   Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Jenova

• Appreciation points: 6
  • Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 07:53:56 PM »

Beautiful post. I feel blessed to have my animals.

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 02:26:48 PM »

Awww that's awesome    ::kiss99::
Debbie.nl.ca
Pages: [1]   Go Up