Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: chin spin or flying saucer??  (Read 4312 times)

BambiLove

• Appreciation points: 3
  • Why must chinchillas be so cute?
    • View Profile
chin spin or flying saucer??
« on: February 22, 2010, 12:52:44 AM »

ok so im thinking of buying something to replace my plastic wheel, what do you guys thinkg? Should i buy a chin spin or a flying saucer? i've read that some chin cannot use the flying saucer, but it looks better and ppl say their chin like it very much. I don't want to buy something and then end up returning it, and if im not wrong the quality cage company is going to charge me 15% restock fee, and the item is not suppose to be "exposure to animals" because of "disease" and what not, plus, ill have to pay for all the shipping so if i end up returning it, i'll loose money for nothing. So i just wanna make sure i buy the right thing.

P.S. THe quality cage people are ripoffs! Never seen any strict policy return like them, everything will be nonreturnable once you open the package because it will be "exposured" to animals' disease. (there is something called disinfection! you clean the cage before you sell it to someone else!) So if your chinchilla touch the cage then its nonreturnable.  ::scaredspeachless::
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 01:04:34 AM by BambiLove »
I wish one day every pet will have a good home and be happy~

LindyLu

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: chin spin or flying saucer??
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 01:12:45 PM »

The Quality Cage items are expensive but really high quality! Worth it!

I personally went with the chin spin for 2 reasons..
1. It was slightly cheaper
2. I KNOW my chin can use a wheel

I think you're taking a risk purchasing the saucer if you're not sure your chin can learn how to use it. Younger chins might figure it out quicker than an older chin that is already "set in his ways".

The saucers look really cool, and I'm sure it's fun for the chin to feel more freedom while running on one. But keep in mind it IS a risk, as your chin MAY not take to it.... so if you're concerned about return policies...I'd do the chin spin. Just my opinion!

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 06:29:41 PM »

hi
i can't speak for teh flyer saucers but i have heard it takes some getting used to, but they usually do.

as for quality cage, i have two of the chin spins, and then two ed spins from .. i forget where. and to be honest i think their wheels are quite worth the money.. i have had mine in use for over 2 years and haven't even had to change the ball bearings once from the dust in the cage.  i swear by them.

jean
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names
:)
:)

cusunfireguy

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 06:56:18 AM »

I had the saucer and my chins just kept flipping it so I got a wheel made of metal.

Steven
Steven Mobley<br /><br />\"Free Schapelle Corby\"!
Pages: [1]   Go Up