News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hiya  (Read 1972 times)

Koby

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
hiya
« on: December 17, 2009, 03:37:38 PM »

hello everyone!! im based in ireland, have been obsessed with chins for years. Got my first chin 2 years ago, but unfortunately she died. I got a replacement from the pet shop but unfortunately she died too. I figured i was jinxed and shouldnt keep them, was absolutely devastated. but it emerged afterwards that both were from the same litter and there had been a mix up between the breeder and the shop, they'd been put on rabbit food without being weaned!!! Poor things had died as a result. A few months later a friend called, she had found me the perfect little chin!! A beautiful white with pink eyes, named Koby. :) Since then i got a job in a pet shop, myself, 6 months ago we got some chins into the shop but one little fella looked far too young, we figured only bout 6 weeks, his tail hadnt even come on yet!! I brought him home to nurse him and bring him on. Hes still here  :::grins:: never made it back to the shop!!!! Hes now thriving, hes been neutered and is on co habited with koby.

I also have 5 bunnies which ive started breeding, a conure, a cockatiel, a guinea pig, a dog and 2 fish tanks  :) my own little zoo  :)

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
Re: hiya
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 08:45:23 AM »

::silly::    Hi Koby!  Welcome to the Chinchilla Club Forum!

It's a shame that happened to the first two ... did they ever tell you exactly what was wrong with them?

we got some chins into the shop but one little fella looked far too young, we figured only bout 6 weeks, his tail hadnt even come on yet!!

When born, chinchillas are fully furred (tail and all), with their eyes open and playing within an hour or so.
Sounds like that little one had been bullied and maybe even beat up by his siblings.   But you have him now and he is safe and happy!  Sometimes all chins need is a good loving home and they will be just as loving, if not more so, than ones that were not.   Bless you for giving this little one a loving home.   :::grins::

::wave::  Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Koby

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 06:25:19 PM »

Hiya Jo Ann, Thanx for the welcome and thanx for having him  :) When the first guys arrived in the shop they didnt have chin food so gave them rabbit food instead. Then the stress from transport was too much for the little guys. RIP little gizmo and erin. Little bambi (the "rescue") was so small. only bout 4" big.
Hes come so far now tho! Hes still much smaaller than my female but hes thriving, Hes a cheeky chappy  ::)

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 09:52:24 AM »

Yes sorry for your losses, but glad you found others. They look awesome.
Nice to meet you & your furballs. ::nod::
Debbie.nl.ca

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 01:19:03 PM »

hi ..cute pic

jean
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html