Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ferret Hammock  (Read 7060 times)

reuben2009

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Ferret Hammock
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 05:51:56 PM »

I made a few of my own as well! and i used these metal hooks from the "purse" accessory section in JoAnn Fabrics, and i bought a quarter of a yard of fabric and i think i spent 12 dollars on three different colors!

luvears

• "Tillamook"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 06:29:00 PM »

I'm new here, but I have 12 ferrets and I make all their hammies. Anti-pill fleece is only fabric I use. Very sturdy. Metal shower hooks (lock in place) is what I use to hang. Tried my hammies for my new chin and surprisingly he luvs them.  Plus, he likes to hop from hammie to hammie. They close enouph in range he won't miss and fall straight down and still close enouph to his perches to barely step over.  Nice for him and still safe. No sign at all of chewing fleece.

luvears

• "Tillamook"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 06:41:05 PM »

Jo-Ann's Fabric typically has 40% off sales on fleece! If you have one in your area, definately sign up for emails, coupons, etc. Even when they don't have a sale, every week I'm getting flyers in the mail for 40% off one item which will count towards one yard of fabric :)   

For my sturdiness I use (2) panels of fleece. Usually a print with matching solid. Depends on sales. When they have 50% sales, that's when you need to stock up! You can get the solids as cheap as $2-$3/yd!  That's only few times a year.

I sew my own straps in and they are double-thick, stitched around edges, then placed into hammie for attaching. They barely give. Some of my hobs (in tact ferrets weigh as much as 5-6.5lbs and the hammies don't give much.) This works nice for my chinkin who is a feather in comparison!

Metal shower curtain hooks, get a bag at Lowes, HomeDepot, or hardware store for under $2! (typically in hardware aisle, not in bathroom shower area like you'd expect!..go figure ::shrug::
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up