Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chins to the basement...tornado spotted  (Read 1581 times)

cadillactaste

• Appreciation points: 5
  • Fluffy (Standard) and Nibbles (Violet)
    • View Profile
Chins to the basement...tornado spotted
« on: June 04, 2010, 06:30:30 PM »

My dad called to say a tornado was spotted in the next town over. And that it was headed for us. So...I gathered the kids and their friend and critters and headed to the basement. The friend couldn't believe we gathered all the critters...two turtles...two bulldogs...two chinchillas and headed to the basement. Left the snake...due to him being just fed, and the chances of a tornado was less a chance than handling him and him reguritating. I told them if I heard a train I would run up and grab him. But luckily it didn't hit our area. PHEW! But poor Nibbles was stressed in the basement...I told the kids he was most likely having flashbacks from when Sarge chased him down to the furnace room awhile back...after chattering with him and giving him luvin's...he settled down.
~Darlene

Courtney

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Chins to the basement...tornado spotted
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 04:45:43 AM »

Im really glad it didn't hit. Poor Nibbles settled down, they get stressed easy by stuff like that. I bet it was a scary experience. But lucky it didn't hit. But at least you had all your animals with you. I would do the same thing.
Six Chinchillas<br />Two Jack Russell Terriers<br />Two Parrots<br />Four Fish Tanks

RollinEK

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 02:43:35 PM »

I grab both of my chins aswell when my sirens go off. Somehow, they have gotten used to it and they both will hop into their carrier when it is time to go.
Chinny Ranch Rescue
ChinnyRanchRescue@gmail.com
Serving the OKlahoma City Area.

cadillactaste

• Appreciation points: 5
  • Fluffy (Standard) and Nibbles (Violet)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 10:55:26 AM »

I grab both of my chins aswell when my sirens go off. Somehow, they have gotten used to it and they both will hop into their carrier when it is time to go.

We live in the country...so I don't know if we would hear sirens...But when I have family or friends call me...We head into action. I am considering looking on Craiglist for a smaller cage that is larger than the carrier we used to bring them home in. I mean...it will hold the two of them. But when we're down there for a few hours...waiting until the warning is lifted...they sit and stare at me...without much room to move about. I don't need a large double decker ferret nation cage...but a decent cage that they can still be comfortable in...where they can have a water attached without my removing their water bottle from their current cage.
~Darlene

RollinEK

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 06:52:02 PM »

i got this little cat carrier from walmart. works well, just made of plastic, so i really keep a close eye on them not to shew. But i would rather them have a few bites of plastic than to get blown away
Chinny Ranch Rescue
ChinnyRanchRescue@gmail.com
Serving the OKlahoma City Area.
Pages: [1]   Go Up