Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It looks like she pulled the callus up on the bottom of her foot  (Read 1856 times)

kneesaa

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile

Hi,
I was cleaning the shelves in the girls cage and I noticed that there was red spots on the shelve. So at first I thought it was dried strawberries that I gave them yesterday, but I looked at Pooka's feet and saw what looked like she pulled the callus on bottom of her foot. It looks like when you have a spilt on the bottom of your foot.  It's doesn't look that bad, also I was wondering what to put on it? Should she have a dust bath with that?  For now I will use nenosporen on it. Thank you for your help. Shannon
Quyana Shannon Seager

ABC Chinchillas

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 27
    • View Profile
    • ABC Chinchillas
Re: It looks like she pulled the callus up on the bottom of her foot
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 10:01:00 PM »

I would put bagbalm on it and watch it. You may even want to see a vet as it could be bumblefoot. I would skip the dust baths for a while
Elaine McFee and Kristy Morici
starleomach@comcast.net
ABC Chinchillas
abcchinchillas.com

kneesaa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 11:45:12 AM »

OK, I have that. How offten should I put it on her foot? Do you think those grass mats that are sold at pet shops will help? I can get a couple and place them where she sits and sleeps. Thanks, Shannon
Quyana Shannon Seager

Courtney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 08:57:45 PM »

One of my chinchillas Trouble had that and I brought her into the vets. He said re-arrange the cage and put some towels down to help her foot heal, Troubles feet were really cracked. I put Polysporin on it and in a couple of days it was healed, but bag balm is even better, it sticks better. I have some, guess I should have used that.
Six Chinchillas<br />Two Jack Russell Terriers<br />Two Parrots<br />Four Fish Tanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up