Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Persephone has a damp nose  (Read 1346 times)

1newChinmom1

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Persephone has a damp nose
« on: August 02, 2010, 10:46:56 AM »

Although she is eating,drinking, enjoying morning playtime, I am once again concerned for our little Mother.  :-\ Last night she was wiping her nose more than usual, and it seems damp but not runny. Her eyes are clear, and she is not wheezing. She slept well and had no alarms in the night. No other symptoms, and the little Sir is fine.
Her room has been extra cool lately, (58 - 60 degrees)in fear of the power going out on a 100 degree day (we have had many of those lately). I removed a new chew toy (a corn shuck construction) in hopes that she is just sensitive to it.
I don't want to got to the vet unless it is unavoidable, as the vet is quite a long ways away.
Any thoughts?  :(

The more I learn, the more I realize how little I  know.  ::think::

1newChinmom1

• View Profile
Re: Persephone has a damp nose
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 08:17:20 AM »

OK, I am officially paranoid. The little Mother was fine last night, and this morning. No sniffles, no wheezes, no problems (thank Heavens).

The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know  ???

Courtney

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 08:14:34 AM »

Good news, you don't want a chin to have a cold as this is extremely dangerous. Keep a CLOSE CLOSE eye on her, you don't want her to catch a cold. If she is sneezing, lethargic, has a runny nose, mucous around the eyes or nose get her to the vet immediately, don't wait. Run to the vets, lol  But I scare myself, I have brought in chins for no reason at all, he didn’t even charge me a few times, just rolled his eyes and said, “go home Courtney.” lol
Six Chinchillas<br />Two Jack Russell Terriers<br />Two Parrots<br />Four Fish Tanks

1newChinmom1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 02:54:38 PM »

Good news, you don't want a chin to have a cold as this is extremely dangerous. Keep a CLOSE CLOSE eye on her, you don't want her to catch a cold. If she is sneezing, lethargic, has a runny nose, mucous around the eyes or nose get her to the vet immediately, don't wait. Run to the vets, lol  But I scare myself, I have brought in chins for no reason at all, he didn’t even charge me a few times, just rolled his eyes and said, “go home Courtney.” lol
Oh I SO  understand! The little Mother is just fine, a month later. And I am just a worrywart. It's good to hear I am not the only one rofl

The more I learn, the more I realize how little  I know ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up