Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: making sounds?  (Read 1254 times)

BambiLove

• Appreciation points: 3
  • Why must chinchillas be so cute?
    • View Profile
making sounds?
« on: October 08, 2010, 12:40:58 AM »

hi guys. Today, i've noticed that my chinchilla Bambi make sounds when he run. It happened a few times before but i didn't think it was anything serious, but i'm just asking to make sure. When i let him out to play, he would run around, and when he run, he would make this very soft sound, i have to be close to him in order to hear it. It seems like that he make that sound everytime he lift his feet in the back. So is there anything wrong with him? Do you know what does it mean when he make that sound?
I wish one day every pet will have a good home and be happy~

1newChinmom1

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: making sounds?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 09:38:27 PM »

Our little boy chin (four months old) makes a soft "mmm, mm,mmm" when he plays sometimes. My daughter answers with her own little chirp and he seems to like it, jumping onto her lap and her shoulder. When our little Sir was new, he made that noise whenever his Mum was out of the hutch for lap time. It seems to be the way he reassures himself that he is not alone, and we are near.
Chinchillas make any number of noises at different ages. Our little Mother makes all kinds of noises throughout the day and night, chirping, barking, 'quacking'  I put it down to them communicating, as other pets who have voices do.
When He was just a tiny Kit, he made noises much more than now. And I do miss having him call me from his hutch to play or skritch him.
So, I guess the short answer is , yes, they make noises, and No it doesn't always mean they are scared or unhappy..
Sometimes they are just saying "Marco" waiting for someone to say "Polo"  ;)

The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know  ::think::
Pages: [1]   Go Up