News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hay  (Read 1132 times)

sarahlydear

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Hay
« on: November 07, 2010, 12:14:54 PM »

So I live in a small town and originally I was getting timothy hay from Wally World and it would last me for about 2weeks, now I have two chins and one has started eating it like crazy so together it only lasted me a week.
Today I found out that WalMart has stopped selling hay and the local Orchlands only sells "Tumblers" which would last my two a day. No where else sells hay.
What Orchlands does sell is a Medow Mix and it has:
Sun-cured Meadow Fescue hay
Sun-cured Alaska Brome Hay
Sun-cured Perennial Ryegreass
Sun-cured Timothy Hay
Sun-cured Birdsfoot Trefoil Hay
Sun-cured Red clover Hay
Sun-cured Bluegrass Hay
Sun-cured White clover Hay
Would I be able to give them that?
The closest place that sells hay is a hour away, so it kinda puts me in an akward position, though I will drive that far if I have too. Also I thought this might work because I heard that you were supposed to interchange and mix their hay around? Please let me know!
Thanks!

kneesaa

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hay
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 12:56:57 PM »

Hi,
See if there is a alpaca breeders in your area and buy a bale of alpaca hay. I feed my chins the hay that my alpacas eat, in fact they will not eat store bought hay. I asked people that own alpacas if anyone had chinchillas and someone did and they did feed their chinchillas the hay. Chinchillas and alpacas come from the same area. Alpacas can't have the same stuff in their hay like the chinchillas. The bale I buy cost about 4 bucks. A flake lasts my 3 a month. Like I said my chins love it. Good luck
Quyana Shannon Seager
Pages: [1]   Go Up