Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how long to wait before letting a chin that had a broken leg run on a saucer  (Read 1277 times)

Hoppinchins

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile

I was wondering how long to wait before letting a chin that had a broken leg run on a saucer? His leg has been healed since the middle of sept. But he needed to take it easy still till the end of sept. it was his hind leg and it needed pins put in inorder for it heal. It has healed great. He is using it fine and getting around like it has never happened. He is back to getting into trouble. I'v been wanting to let them run on the saucer again, I was thinking if letting them today, but still iffy about.

cadillactaste

• Appreciation points: 5
  • Fluffy (Standard) and Nibbles (Violet)
    • View Profile

What's your vet say about this...I think that's the one I would be asking about such a thing.
~Darlene

ABC Chinchillas

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 27
    • View Profile
    • ABC Chinchillas

When Cristine broke her legs (she had broaken both back legs.) Her legs were set and she was given a wheel 3 weeks after to actually encourage new muscle development. I bought her a few months after that ( I knew the breeder and Cristine for years) she was fine, and great had her for another 9 years with no leg issues until she passed away at the age of 16.
Elaine McFee and Kristy Morici
starleomach@comcast.net
ABC Chinchillas
abcchinchillas.com

Hoppinchins

• View Profile

Aww. I'm sure she had a great life. My vet just said that he still shouldn't jump around to much after he got his cast off for a week or 2. I plan on calling monday to ask. I took him in friday but i was losing my voice so i didn't get a chance to ask some questions that i had for him.

Hoppinchins

• View Profile

Well of course they said it was fine to use it. I'm just iffy bc i know that his leg broke  once so that it can be easyer to brake again and they go pretty fast on the saucer. I'm going to let them use it tonight!
Pages: [1]   Go Up