Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Got my 6 new chins...  (Read 1291 times)

gavinschin

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Got my 6 new chins...
« on: February 12, 2012, 01:43:08 AM »

So I went to pick up the new babies and to my suprise, they were in good cages, but where standing in 2 inches of poo, piss, and mold mixed with the timothy hay they were eating and aspen bedding. No food bowls, it was thrown on the ground. Black mold in the water glass bottles. and piss, literally, covered the cages. and left in a garage in 48 degree weather. They weren't too friendly when i picked them up. very suprised they were even alive after all of that.

I was even more shocked when I realized how the colour morphs. 1 Mosaic, 2 Hetero Beige, 2 Standard Gray(one seems to be pregnant :doh:), and 1 Violet(pics will come, once i have them up to standard). I just cannot believe that someone who knows me, and knows how I am with these little ones, had them in this condition. So far I have improved EVERYTHING up to about 90% with the exception being vet visits, and a few more toys ::silly::.

My girlfriend was holding the violet, who was housed with the standard gray's, when she realized that there is a huge gash behind his head, there is no blood in the freshly bleached and cleaned cages, so i am assuming this happened before I got them(perhaps a fight over food?) I will be holding on to some money and make it a priority that this little one sees the vet first ASAP!

I just don't get it. If you can't handle it, just don't get the chins in the first place. Needless to say, I gave her an ear-full and hung up on her after I found that sore on the violet... I tried to keep my mouth shut until that point. :flames:

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
Re: Got my 6 new chins...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 10:51:25 AM »

It is good that the old owners recognized their situation and rehomed the chinchillas.   Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new chins.

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina

gavinschin

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 08:58:55 PM »

Got new pics up!!! They look sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. Have a look!

mojito

• Appreciation points: 10
  • # of Chins: 2
  • chinchillin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 10:16:03 PM »

Wow they were definitely given a second chance, poor things! I remember back when I was younger my horse instructor and her friend stole an abused horse bc the cops wouldn't do anything! They are super adorable too (saw the pics  ::silly:: ) I'm very happy for the both of you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up