Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If I get a second chinchilla will it change the bond my chin has with me?  (Read 1090 times)

Ladybug1241973

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile

Will it change his personality? I feel like my chin needs a buddy during late night hours to keep him amused but will he still be friendly towards me? I don't know what to do. Please help.

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas

Hi!  Welcome to the forum!!  :)

First, remember that chinchillas do not take well to new chinchillas so you would have to start with two cages side by side.  If you put them into the same cage too fast they will fight to the death.  Also, it is important to remember that it can take several weeks to several months to get two chinchillas together and sometimes they never go together so you could have two cages forever.

Ok, now, if you still want to get another chinchilla I will tell you that how he acts with you could change.  Each chinchilla is different and there is no way to know.  ::shrug::

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina

Snickerdoodlesmom

• Proud mom of Snickerdoodle
  • Appreciation points: 11
  • # of Chins: One
    • View Profile

Do neutered male- female pairs have a better compatibility rate than same- sex pairs? Also, wont neutering decrease some unsavory habits like it does for dogs and cats?
- Dvora, Snickerdoodle's Momma
Pages: [1]   Go Up