Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chinchilla jumping!  (Read 763 times)

tayl0or17

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: One
    • View Profile
Chinchilla jumping!
« on: August 17, 2012, 10:44:51 AM »

Hey guys! So I've been taking my chinchilla into the bathroom lately for play time and he likes to jump on the toilet seat then to the top of the toilet and then to the sink! Should I allow him to jump up to whatever he wants or should I take him down when he gets up there? I don't want him to overestimate his jumping ability and hurt himself.

Do chinchillas know whether or not its a good idea for them to do a certain jump?
I have no idea if the way I am wording this is right or not but I hope someone understands what I am trying to say.

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: Chinchilla jumping!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 11:40:24 AM »

He can likely jump over 6 feet straight up if he wanted to. I would try keep him from jumping on surfaces higher than 5 or 6 off of the floor. (If they high jump off of high surfaces there is a danger) It is possible for them to get injured by doing something stupid but it's normal chinchilla behavior to jump around. Unless there is anything particularly dangerous on the floor for them to get hurt on I wouldn't worry about it.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up