Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smaller cage?  (Read 2247 times)

Stacy

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
    • My chinchillas
Smaller cage?
« on: September 21, 2006, 09:51:10 AM »

My husband was suppose to build my cage for my B-day but it did not happen. He just wants sure he could do it how I wanted it and he knows I am not going to be happy it is not what I want.

The cages they are in now are 3'wide x 2' deep x 2 & 1/2' high. I have been looking for stackable cages and there is a breeder not to far that builds cages. She is willing to build them for me but she suggested 2' x 2' x 2'. I am just wondering if going with a smaller cage might stress them. Roo has been in his cage for almost a year and Buddy has been in his for a few month.

Should I get her to make them bigger or is the smaller ones ok? ::shrug::

Joyce

• Appreciation points: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Smaller cage?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 10:27:51 AM »

Hi Stacy,

If it were me I'd make sure the chins went either into the same size cages or bigger.  I think it is an easier adjustment for them to go into the same size cage or bigger cage than it would be to go smaller.  I have never transfered any of our chins into smaller cages but we have gone into bigger cages with several of them.  They never seem to mind more space!
Chinchillas by the Bay, Virginia

Stacy

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
    • My chinchillas
Re: Smaller cage?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 11:47:51 AM »

Thats what I am thinking also. They have 15" wheels, PVC pipes and there houses in there cages now and I just don't see all that going into a cage that small and them still have room to move. I have seen a cage I really want on the Ferret Store. If my husband can master making a mettel tray for it. It will make a perfect cage, but the tray that comes with it is plastic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up