Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chinchilla Travel (complications included)  (Read 792 times)

chocolate10113

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
Chinchilla Travel (complications included)
« on: December 09, 2012, 01:15:16 PM »

So I am going to Portland for Christmas break and will be gone for 16 days. I would, of course, love to take my fluffy little friend with me, but I know he would probably be less stressed at home.
My concern is that, my friend who would take care of him would only be able to come by every other day. Because of the set up of my chins cage (I use blankets instead of normal bedding) I clean it every day and try to let him run around for an hour or so every day. Even if he did come every other day, I don't know if he would be able to let Monty run around.
So, suggestions for what I should do? would it be better for him to stay home but without me, everyday cleaning, or everyday running around, or to come with me and deal with the stress of travel and being in a different place but with me and his normal schedule.
Suggestions? Insight? Something?

gasaraki03

• Appreciation points: 6
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Chinchilla Travel (complications included)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 06:47:47 PM »

As most people who have tried to bring there chinchilla with they get so stressed they wont eat and isn't good for him. But having someone having other day isn't the best way but it could work, every day preferred.

How use are your chins use to your friend. If so could play with him and just play with them every other day until you get back or whatever works. As for food make sure has plenty and if possible 2 water bottles.

What my opinion is im sure someone have a better idea.

chocolate10113

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chinchilla Travel (complications included)
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 07:46:41 PM »

That's good to know. This is a friend that is over every monday and that has taken care of Monty before. My play time is usually just sitting int he room with him while he does his chinchilla thing (like right now :P) so I think my friend could do that too if he has time. I'll talk to him about what he would be willing/ able to do and try to arrange things to be as good for Monty as possible.
Thanks for your reply! It's good to know what is best for Monty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up