Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange, wonderful behavior  (Read 1158 times)

Snickerdoodlesmom

• Proud mom of Snickerdoodle
  • Appreciation points: 11
  • # of Chins: One
    • View Profile
Strange, wonderful behavior
« on: December 26, 2012, 12:37:35 PM »

Snickerdoodle was in his cage when I heard a sneeze sounds. I went over and found him looking at the couch. I went into the chinchilla run and took him out; he was acting different. He wanted to cuddle: he crawled up my skirt, allowed me to give kisses, and sat on my thigh. What could this be? I'm thrilled! But it's not like him. He usually is an independent boy! Not worried, just curious. Thanks! ;)
- Dvora, Snickerdoodle's Momma

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: Strange, wonderful behavior
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 07:00:41 PM »

When I trained my first chinchilla I found that each day I worked with him there were usually gradual changes.Sometimes but not often there were days when there were dramatic and usually positive unexpected changes similar to what you describe. In my case Blue stopped squirming and trying to hide when I tried to pet him after two weeks of training him to tolerate being touched. It was such a sudden change I thought there was something wrong. I think you can expect more of this.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

mb30

• Appreciation points: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 05:31:50 AM »

my chinchilla will sleep in my lap if im sitting at the dining room table which is nice. shes also began to sleep on my hands if i rest them down next to her. she just started sleeping on my hands and also sit on my leg and let me groom her with small quick pinches at the tips of her fur. she also likes to be pet..even if only for a minute or two before she bounds off. its taken a year and a half to get this way. at times the strength of the bond will fluctuate and often without warning. as long as yiur chin isnt sick this may just be one step closer to creating an even tighter bond. you may notice his behavoir more often.

Snickerdoodlesmom

• Proud mom of Snickerdoodle
  • Appreciation points: 11
  • # of Chins: One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 09:46:27 PM »

He hasn't done it again, sadly. Is it possible that he was cold? It was like 25 degrees!
- Dvora, Snickerdoodle's Momma
Pages: [1]   Go Up