Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chinchilla House  (Read 4297 times)

Beardysteve1

• Appreciation points: 1
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chinchilla House
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2014, 04:59:43 PM »

It is nice to see some real progress, I'm sure if she is not ready to come out of her cage just now then my chinchilla will grow more confident in time. Tonight she let me stroke her with my full palm while she was sitting eating on a wee treat in my other hand. No bother to her. I really appreciate all the advice and feedback guys, this is my first pet and I am very excited and just want to do things right so any and all help is greatly appreciated!

;)

Beardysteve1

• Appreciation points: 1
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 04:43:19 PM »

Well we had the first play date outside her cage today. Just ended up carrying her cage into the bathroom, wasn't anywhere near as much trouble as I thought it would be. Much better to just let the chinchilla come out in her own time rather than catching her or trying to chase her about the cage. She lets us handle her all the time now, seems very docile. All in all we've seen such a remarkable change in her over so short a time.

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2014, 06:08:42 PM »

That's great. Sounds like you have a fairly easy one to manage. Also certain times of day are going to be easier than others. I've found handling my chinchilla in the middle of the day is easier than the early morning or evening when he is wide awake. Certain times of day he is irritable though and I try not to bother him too much when I know he is sleeping hard.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up