Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheapest Site to Order Exercise Wheel?? (Canada)  (Read 1137 times)

Minccino

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 1, Elijah
    • View Profile
Cheapest Site to Order Exercise Wheel?? (Canada)
« on: November 10, 2014, 10:55:56 PM »

I can only find US websites that sell Chinchilla-safe wheels. :(

It's pretty frustrating that pet stores don't sell them. The only ones around here are plastic, and only 12 inches at largest. I know that the wheel should be at least 14" and NOT made of plastic.

Wheels like the Chin Spin and Silver server are between $50-$75.. Which I might be willing to pay that price, but my estimated shipping is $40 or more. Making the wheel over $100. Do any of you know any Canadian websites that sell these wheels, or similar wheels?

If not, I'll end up paying the $100+ because I do feel it is important to have. I just hope to find a better deal/lower shipping cost!  ::silly::

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: Cheapest Site to Order Exercise Wheel?? (Canada)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 07:39:26 AM »

If I did I would but I don't so I won't. I'm amazed it is so rare there. I would think Canada would be a big chinchilla producer.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

kageri

• Appreciation points: 44
  • # of Chins: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Cheapest Site to Order Exercise Wheel?? (Canada)
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 12:35:40 PM »

Dunno what part of canada you are in.  Quality cage company is in Oregon but I think they only have chin spins so you are already paying $100.  This site is in canada http://www.chinchilla.ca/product.php?catID=5 but again the only safe wheel they have is a flying saucer that starts at about $100.  I really love these wheels for the cost http://www.exoticnutrition.com/trwhla14in.html .  They don't mount on the bars so they fit any design as long as the cage is the proper size, don't bend bars, don't rattle against the bars....  Good solid wheels that mine have been enjoying.  If I was going to pay near $50 in shipping anyway that's the one I would get unless your cage is small.  It take up about 1/3rd of the floor space in a ferret/critter nation level so out of 2x3'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up