Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chin likes to be chased?  (Read 2015 times)

todd0329

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Chin likes to be chased?
« on: August 03, 2007, 06:55:33 PM »

One of my chins (his name is Baby) seems to like to be chased.  It's bizarre, he'll make a lot of racket in a room I'm not in (chewing, running around, crashing into things, etc) as if to get my attention.  When I come in to check on him he immediately runs out of the room.  He'll often wait at the top of the stairs until I walk around the area, and then he'll high tail it down the stairs.  At first I thought it was because he was afraid.  I've come to the conclusion that it's a game to him - make noise, get my attention, run like hell!  I'm now making a little 'getcha, getcha, getcha' sound and putting the run on him.  He high tails it down the stairs, then stops just before his cage until I catch up.  He then bounces off the wall and watches me 'till I put the next run on him.  I dunno, it truly appears that he's playing a game of chase with me.  Any thoughts?  Please note, I'm very careful about over exerting him.   TODD

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
Re: Chin likes to be chased?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 09:51:04 AM »

I have a few that love to do that.  They will run just out of reach and then stop and wait then just before I can get them they are off again.  It they wanted to get away they would just run and hide like some of my others but these want to make sure I stay in the chase.  Its too funny!!

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 05:36:02 AM »

Yes me too.
Some will jump right up to the cage, stop turn around and jump right back down.
I have even had them run right over my head when I've cornered them. We play side side and they'll run straight at me, up and over.
They are pretty darn cute about it too, and I'm sure they are busting a gut laughing at me some nights. ::hah::
Especially when I'm on my hands and knees at one end of the room, and they are staring at me from the other.
Debbie.nl.ca

todd0329

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 04:39:41 PM »

thanx to all that responded (two at this point in time).  I'm glad this is normal.  It seems like a game to him, and he's getting cheekier and cheekier about it!  I love it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up