Chinchillas > South East USA

South Carolina Show

<< < (7/13) > >>

BrightEyed:
I will be coming with my fiance.. and we are definatly bringing 2 chins.. possibly 3.

mikasauntie:
Curious...since the cages are provided by the show people, do people bringing their chins also bring something from home that the chin is familiar with - for comfort effect?

Wish we could go, but its a looong way from the west coast.

Jo Ann:
 ::silly:: When you travel with a chin, it is best to keep with it, the normal things it likes, but, it is not unusual for a chinchilla to cut way back on the amount of water and food it consumes when away from it's normal surroundings. 

Your chin will remain in it's travel cage until the morning of the show and you start grooming it for the show.

Once the chin is groomed and placed in a show cage ... that's it ... they are not taken out of the show cage until the show is over. 

There is nothing left in the show cage to distract from the appearance of the chinchilla. 

The show is during the daytime ... their normal rest/sleeping time, so they do not need the food and water they need/enjoy at night ... it also cuts down on the urine and poos on the judging table.  ;-) 

Healthy chinchillas can go 3 days without food or water ... but ... it is not advisable.   

If a chinchilla is not healthy, it should not travel and definately not to a show or somewhere there will be other chinchillas.

They will usually eat and drink at the motel and before and after the show.

I think that covers everything. 

Who else is trying to make plans to come?

::wave::  Jo Ann

Abby W.:
I am going to try to be there, with possibly three chins.  I'm not sure if I will be able to get away from work yet....

BrightEyed:
Jamie-

How is everything coming along? Do you need any help with anything now or during the show? It's less then a month away  :::grins:: time to start getting excited  ::nod::

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version