Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play time  (Read 1975 times)

Hoppinchins

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Play time
« on: December 28, 2008, 01:18:56 PM »

Is it best to let out the chins at the same time each day for play time? And Pogo and Snowie like to go under my couch and I have trouble getting them to come out sometimes. Any subjections on how to get them out? I an ushally  get Pogo to come out but i'v only had Snowie for about a month so he doesn't listen to me too well yet. I'v tried to block off my couch, but they always find a way under it.  I started to put other toys out when I had them out to keep them busy, but they just wanted to go where they weren't allowed. They kept trying to get under the couch till they found a way and I'm even sitting on the couch trying to stop them.

mylittlechinchilla

• Robbie
  • Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
    • Tennessee Chinchilla Rescue
Re: Play time
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 09:35:37 AM »

Do you have a chin proof room they can play in?  With nothing they can get into..?  Bathroom maybe?

Abby W.

• Appreciation points: 6
    • View Profile
    • Virginia Chinchillas
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 06:44:48 PM »

Yes, I would definitely recommend a confined area, a playpen even.  Chinchillas are very curious creatures, and will always try to explore any new place.  And trying to stop them from going somewhere just makes them that much more determined to go there!   ::)  Your best bet for a stress free play time for everyone is a playpen, ort a confined area, such as a bathroom.  Also, you want to make sure you chin-proof any area they play in to make sure there are no dangers for them.  Make sure there are no toxic woods, plants, or electrical cords they can chew on, no standing bowls or tubs of water, and no holes for them to crawl into and get stuck or out of your reach.

Hoppinchins

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 10:32:22 AM »

My room is pretty chin proof. I'v been thinking about getting a playpen though. Thanks for the advice!  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up