Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: aggressive chinny  (Read 3733 times)

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
Re: aggressive chinny
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 06:17:59 PM »

I would suggest taking the female right away to the other end of the house. If she was in the cage they are in now, take them out and disinfect it to get her smell out.  Hopefully once her scent is gone the males will bond again. (if she runs in the room they are in it might be better to take the boys to the other end of the house.  The new scenery might help them calm down and bond again) Wash your hands after handing her before you handle the boys so you don't bring her scent back to them.  This should give you some time to figure it out.  You might find that you can keep her there forever if you want to keep them all and don't mind the added cage at the other end of the house.

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina

olivia41

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 08:26:24 PM »

So my boyfriend and I came to a decision together and gave the little girl to the friend that we originally got her from. It was really hard for me to say goodbye to her, lots of waterworks! but we could just not see our two boys fight any longer and I was worried for their well-being. Now we are back at home and the two boys are in the cage together. We are going to take out all the bedding and wipe down the whole cage to get rid of Benji's smell. I hope that they get along again and there will be no more fighting  :( Thank you everyone again for being here for me, its really appreciated. I hope this was the best decision, even though it was a hard one.

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 09:04:41 PM »

I'm sure you did , you went with your heart. Yes it hurts, but everyone should be happy. :hugs:
Debbie.nl.ca

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 07:37:18 AM »

I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to Benji, but you did what was best and your chins will be happier now.

|hugs|

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up