Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: squeak?  (Read 2469 times)

Beth

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
squeak?
« on: January 17, 2008, 06:31:21 PM »

Hi all!  I was giving Lulu a new cardboard box to chew tonight, kneeling down on the floor with her, and she looked and me, and squaked!  Twice!  Now that's a noise I haven't heard from her before.  Anyone know what it means?  Thanks! ::silly::

ChillinChinchillas

• Appreciation points: 3
  • Evie's Easter Pic!
    • View Profile
    • Chillin' Chinchillas
Re: squeak?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 06:45:42 PM »

It is kind of hard since different sounds sound like a squeek and it is hard for us to explain with letters the noises we hear. She could have been barking at you and that sometimes means they are scared or angry. Some squeeks are just their talking. I am sure if it was bad, it would have been accompanied with a spraying or a nip, so you shouldn't be too concerned.
~Kristin Carlin~
**Chillin' Chinchillas**
(Petie, Roxxy, Addietouille, Widgette, JellyBean, & Smokey, Jovey, Chae, Emma, Rocky, Chance, Daisey, Porter, Tucker, and Ollie)
http://www.chillinchinchillas.com

Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 07:18:09 PM »

Thanks!  It definitely wasn't bad, I think she was excited about the new box.  Time to get that rascal back to the cage... :)

Leslie

• Appreciation points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 08:18:48 PM »

Was it rather quiet?  Maybe it was her teeth grinding?  My chins do that when they're really happy about something.  It sounds like a squeak at first, but then you realize it's the sound of teeth squeaking against each other.....

nemue

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 11:40:54 PM »

Teeth grinding!  That makes sense.  Kira has been making noises that sound like a grasshopper wings, and I for the life of me couldn't figure it out.  I wasn't worried, but it was different! 

Softer squeaks are usually just the girls talking to each other, which maybe you wouldn't hear so much if you only have one?  They bark at night sometimes, which scared us half to death the first time.  Kira did it once when I was cleaning the cage, which was better than biting! 

Maybe she was just saying "thanks".   :::grins::

Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 07:43:59 AM »

That's it!  It was rather quiet, and she did it twice.  She's like, "thanks Mom, this box is terriffic!"
 ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up