Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: colorful wood knot toy  (Read 2224 times)

1newChinmom1

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
colorful wood knot toy
« on: September 20, 2010, 07:47:07 PM »

OK, newest thing to worry about  :-\ . I saw so many of those cute wooden knot balls in your chin pictures here, that I went out and bought one for each of our chins. They looked like so much fun!  rofl It wasn't until our Little Mother started taking hers apart that I realized they come with a walnut in them  ??? ! So my question is this, is it safe for them to eat the walnut  ::think:: ? I know she will have it out by morning, she takes a willow wand bundle apart in about twenty minutes. So, can she have the "prize inside? or should I take it out? Either way is ok, I just want to know before I give it to her. ;)

The more I know, the more I realize how little I know ???

BambiLove

• Appreciation points: 3
  • Why must chinchillas be so cute?
    • View Profile
Re: colorful wood knot toy
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 08:57:09 PM »

walnut is just like a treat, like any other kind of nuts, which contains fatty things that are not good for chinchilla. I would say take it out =[ isn't your chinchilla too young for treat? (sorry i dont remember hehe) if she is, don't give it to her. And if she's big enough for treat, eating 1 walnut won't kill her, but i would say no treat for her for about a week if she eat that walnut. To save the trouble, i would recommend taking it out.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 09:35:26 PM by BambiLove »
I wish one day every pet will have a good home and be happy~

1newChinmom1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 05:31:39 AM »

Sounds like a plan  ::chinhappy::. We aren't sure how old the Little Mother is (she came as a surprise), but the little Sir is three months old (he was born here)  ::wub::.
 He won't take his apart, only her. They are really so very different! Thanks for the quick answer  ::balloon::!

The more I leran, the more I realize how little I know ???

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 05:47:52 PM »

so they do have walnuts in them.. i have a few i bought i was gonna put on my site.. those little knot nibblers things... all different colors pegs stuck together from super pet??  ugh..
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names
:)
:)

1newChinmom1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 05:41:02 PM »

so they do have walnuts in them.. i have a few i bought i was gonna put on my site.. those little knot nibblers things... all different colors pegs stuck together from super pet??  ugh..
yeah, walnuts! Persephone started taking out the pins that hold it together almost immediately  ::) , but Cerberus (Little Sir) has yet to dissemble his. Funny thing, they can't get a good hold onto the walnut! The harder they try to 'crack' iot, the quicker it slips out of their little mouths!  :2funny: We have put Persephones into the bathroom for running play time = they chase it around like a golf ball!

Gallardo_Puff

• Proud Mummy
  • Appreciation points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 09:59:12 PM »

I got Gallardo one of those and he demolished it, but then just left the walnuts alone. He didn't like them in his cage.
Pages: [1]   Go Up