Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sad Chin  (Read 943 times)

mojito

• Appreciation points: 10
  • # of Chins: 2
  • chinchillin'
    • View Profile
Sad Chin
« on: March 09, 2012, 07:16:02 PM »

So I have my 5 month old chin Dexter who stays in my room and spends quite a lot of time with me. He also spends a lot of time with my sister Abby as well, not equal but pretty close. When I go away for the weekend (about 2 hours to see my boyfriend) once a month Abby takes care of him and he is usually good, sometimes he will terrorize her though (like throw hay everywhere, push his food bowl off and bark at her). Well I've been in Huntsville AL for the pas few days since my grandma is sick, and my sister called me today (it's been 2 days) and Dexter barely eats (he does a bit but not as much), doesn't care too much to come out at play time and won't take a dust bath! His poop is normal and he drinks plenty of water, is he just stressed because I'm not there? He perked up when she put me on speakerphone, I'll be home in two days. Anything she can do to help? I'm so worried about my baby :( Abby is always so good with him too

Thanks!

Marip

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Sad Chin
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 12:48:05 PM »

So I have my 5 month old chin Dexter who stays in my room and spends quite a lot of time with me. He also spends a lot of time with my sister Abby as well, not equal but pretty close. When I go away for the weekend (about 2 hours to see my boyfriend) once a month Abby takes care of him and he is usually good, sometimes he will terrorize her though (like throw hay everywhere, push his food bowl off and bark at her). Well I've been in Huntsville AL for the pas few days since my grandma is sick, and my sister called me today (it's been 2 days) and Dexter barely eats (he does a bit but not as much), doesn't care too much to come out at play time and won't take a dust bath! His poop is normal and he drinks plenty of water, is he just stressed because I'm not there? He perked up when she put me on speakerphone, I'll be home in two days. Anything she can do to help? I'm so worried about my baby :( Abby is always so good with him too

Thanks!

i think he is just depressed like if u have two chins together for a long time and u take them they probably will be depressed just see if he when u back home keeps doing or not and just tell your sister to feed him, give him water etc .

mojito

• Appreciation points: 10
  • # of Chins: 2
  • chinchillin'
    • View Profile
Re: Sad Chin
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 01:20:46 PM »

Yea she told me this Morning he ate all his pellets but still seems sad, he's getting a buddy in April so I'm hoping that'll help for when I have to go away once a month.
Pages: [1]   Go Up