Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Biting chinchilla  (Read 1286 times)

Platypus7770

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Biting chinchilla
« on: February 20, 2012, 07:04:56 PM »

Hey guys. My two girlz are getting along a bit better, as the older one docent go after her immediately (takes anywhere from 10-30 secs). I do h e one weird problem: my older one (only five months) will vicisoculy bite my socked foot after going after my little violet one. Its only my socked feet and she ne'er bites me. Its only right after trying to bite the little one. Is this normal? Maybe ten seconds after she be ones sweet again but she bit me pretty hard and broke skin today. Is this normal?

almost vegan

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Biting chinchilla
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 12:38:30 PM »

My chinchilla also has an obsession with feet, especially when the person is wearing socks. I dont know about the attacking, but it seems that some chinchillas just like to chew on clothing, and it appears that socks are a favorite. if your chinchilla ever deliberately bites you, try blowing on her face to let her know that she was bad. It doesnt hurt them and it teaches discipline pretty well. Snickerdoodle, my 7 month old male, has learned not to try to escape using this method. Good luck!

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
Re: Biting chinchilla
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 05:47:31 PM »

When they are angry like that they will strike out at anyone or thing.If you had put her another chin she may have had the same reaction.
I was trying a male with a couple of females, one was OK the other got that upset it took me an hour to get both girls together again. The fiesty one kept attacking her. :doh:
Debbie.nl.ca
Pages: [1]   Go Up