Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kind of dumb question...  (Read 994 times)

Jose Chinchilla

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
Kind of dumb question...
« on: March 08, 2012, 09:37:14 PM »

Ok, I just ordered a BUNCH of stuff from TJs chinchilla supplies (great store! ::banana::) and I just got everything (cept for the cage which should be here soon!). This is my first time having or using a hammock. Jose LOVES it! YAY!!!  :::grins:: Now, my dumb question is this, I know chinchillas can over heat very easily. Will he remove himself from the hammock before he gets to the point of over heating?

Marip

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Kind of dumb question...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 04:57:40 PM »

Ok, I just ordered a BUNCH of stuff from TJs chinchilla supplies (great store! ::banana::) and I just got everything (cept for the cage which should be here soon!). This is my first time having or using a hammock. Jose LOVES it! YAY!!!  :::grins:: Now, my dumb question is this, I know chinchillas can over heat very easily. Will he remove himself from the hammock before he gets to the point of over heating?

hall of my chins have hammocks (they love it) and yes if they dont want to be there they will go to a "fresh" place . :::grins::

mojito

• Appreciation points: 10
  • # of Chins: 2
  • chinchillin'
    • View Profile
Re: Kind of dumb question...
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 01:24:59 PM »

I've never had a problem with dex overheating in a hammock, but if its hot up there he will find a cooler place to go. You can look at his ears too since chins let out heat through their ears (if he's starting to overheat his ears will become red and veiny). Dex loves his hammock and lays in it all the time to watch tv and like I said no problem, but I always keep my thermometer at the same level. Hope that helps:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up