Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Supplies for rescue  (Read 776 times)

trillianh

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Supplies for rescue
« on: May 13, 2013, 05:34:11 PM »

Hi everyone! Unfortunately our little Kaden passed away and now I have a bunch of supplies left over to give to a rescue. We live near San Jose, CA and have tried to reach out to a couple places online but haven't had any luck in actually getting a response, which I find odd? SO... does anyone know of a reputable place in the bay area who would like the supplies? Our chin had some teeth problems so I had to purchase a bunch of very expensive first cut fancy hay and we have new food and dust left over so I would like it to go to someone who needs it and not the trash :(

mojito

• Appreciation points: 10
  • # of Chins: 2
  • chinchillin'
    • View Profile
Re: Supplies for rescue
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 01:59:40 PM »

It's not too odd, especially with perishable and/or opened products. You could try AZchins, Forever Fiesty Chinchilla, or maybe call a local nonprofit shelter to give to small animals of all kind. Hope this helps:)

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: Supplies for rescue
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 06:28:06 AM »

I had some different pelleted diets from when I was changing them last year and didn't want to throw those out so I gave them to our veterinarian who does boarding for animals. I sent them out with my mom last week when she went there to have her parrot's wings and nails done. Rabbits seem to be very popular in this area so they were able to use it. I wouldn't rule out commercial establishments that board rabbits or rodents.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up