Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new beige female  (Read 1299 times)

kageri

• Appreciation points: 44
  • # of Chins: 10
    • View Profile
new beige female
« on: June 22, 2014, 08:53:57 PM »

I was going to keep the hetero beige male to breed to my hetero beige females to make homo beige offspring but he turned out to be rather insane.  The person who bought Aika's pair of kits took him to try to settle down for a pet.  So today I skipped a step and picked up a homo beige female.  Don't know a whole lot about her.  They met us in the parking lot, stuck a beige chinchilla in our carrier, and handed us a pedigree with hardly a word.  The woman turned around and walked off in the middle of the conversation.  ::shrug::  Aside from an extra tail curl which is a show fault she seems like a nice chinchilla.  Except I got nipped for petting her in the car while my hand blocked her escape route out of the carrier.  She was not happy to be stuck for the 2hr car ride and was not interested in my attempts to distract her.  Didn't get any info about her food or anything.  I just gave her a bit of oxbow, a timothy cube, and some apple twigs for tonight.

She refused to step on the fleece at first.  She seems used to bedding she can dig in cause she kept trying to dig the carrier and then she wouldn't get off my arm on to the fleece.  She bounced cautiously a few steps at a time with stiff legs until she decided you can walk on fleece.  It does not gobble up chinchillas  rofl

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: new beige female
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 05:45:54 AM »

That's funny. I take it you'll breed with the tail curl flaw and hope all goes well?
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

kageri

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 09:05:26 AM »

I'm still doing research on the tail curl.  I was leaning toward it ruling out breeding her but several big show breeders said they breed the ones with the tail curl to normal tails just fine.  Some even like the tail curl and think it's cute so they go ahead and breed them for pets and more brood animals to breed to normal tails.  I was worried there might be blood flow issues or something like dogs I've seen born with kinked tails but it seems the only problem is the tail rubs the back fur off so they don't show well.  In the pics that is as straight as her tail goes.  When she's sitting still it loops over her hip.  Either way she's cute, extremely fluffy (if she's not standing on a foot you can't see it in the fluff), and if she has a good personality I can always use another babysitter for newly weaned kits.

kageri

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 09:41:05 AM »

I have named her Aisu.  Cream because she is a creamy brown color.

kageri

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 11:03:45 AM »

Talking with the breeder I get my males from she said if the coat is good enough quality to resist the rubbing of the tail to go ahead and try showing her.  If she's good quality in every other aspect then breed her to a regular tailed male.
Pages: [1]   Go Up