Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: INGS hay  (Read 888 times)

Sb30

• Appreciation points: 1
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
INGS hay
« on: May 02, 2014, 04:19:34 PM »

My husband and I are experienced Chin owners and have always fed Timothy Hay. We also own 2 skinny pigs which are fed a variety of Meadow hay, Timothy and INGS hay. INGS hay is grown in naturally managed meadows which flood when raining and the natural silt produces fresh, sweet hay, free from any chemicals and pesticides.  What I would like is an opinion from others if this is good to feed chins alongside Timothy. We know Timothy is vital due to the nutritional and dental value. Thanks :)

kageri

• Appreciation points: 44
  • # of Chins: 10
    • View Profile
Re: INGS hay
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 05:53:59 PM »

Any grass hay is fine in unlimited amounts and early cut grain hays should be fine as well.  Of course individual animals will have some taste preferences.  We actually don't use timothy due to allergies.  We feed bluegrass mainly and then have small bags of oxbow botanical hay which is meadow grass plus herbs and oxbow oat hay.  The oat hay doesn't go over as well with most (Katsu will eat anything) but they love the botanical.  I give them a few handfuls when I clean their cages once or twice a week and bluegrass the rest of the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up