Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roo wont get outta his bath  (Read 3355 times)

lesliesuniquecharm

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Unique Charm
Roo wont get outta his bath
« on: December 04, 2007, 08:29:19 PM »

hehe..he was runnin, popcornin, surfin then he saw me put his bath house in, he loves his baths!! so he hopes in the cage & jumps in before i can put it down..he*s been hangin out in there for like 10 minutes...is this ok?

Sillychinchilly

• Owned by Pixel
  • Miss Pixel!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roo wont get outta his bath
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 11:27:22 PM »

lol pixel gets hers in a shoe box... open, of course, but she'll stay for hours if I'll leave it in that long. I've never noticed it hurting anything... Except my clothes when she leaps on me directly after ward. :)
~*~ Annie ~*~
        ~*~

lesliesuniquecharm

• View Profile
    • Unique Charm
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 12:01:54 PM »

haha...he loves it! i*ve got it sitting on the floor and while he was out last night he was twisting around in it and standing & biting on it then he*d get in and twist some more. he loves to take a bath..hehe.. he*s clean like his mommy :) i didnt think it would hurt him, i just wanted to make sure. i wasnt to sure about his eyes and stuff..

Sillychinchilly

• Owned by Pixel
  • Miss Pixel!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 06:37:49 PM »

Nah, most Chins have a natural instinct to keep their eyes closed. Watch him really close one time and you'll notice... His eyes close when he rolls over. I'd just watch for runny eyes and him rubbing at them. If that happens, then he may have gotten some in his eye. What kind of dust do you use, might I ask?
~*~ Annie ~*~
        ~*~

Jenova

• Appreciation points: 6
  • Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 04:50:02 PM »

You only shouldn't keep in in the cage because they can go to the toilet in it and then bath which can lead to all sorts of nasties, not least your chinchilla smelling like pee. I had a problem with Cheech because she was getting dry skin from too many baths. I guess she's just got sensitive skin, but I reduced her baths and she's fine. Usually mine get theirs in their cages for about an hour three or four times a week. Or they get it more if I have to use it as a way of getting them back in their cage.  rofl

lesliesuniquecharm

• View Profile
    • Unique Charm
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 12:33:58 AM »

is it ok to give him one bath a week? he loves it! he got 1 a few days ago....should i change his bedding after he gets a bath? i usually change it once a week. If i decided to give him more, do i change it everytime i let him bathe?

nemue

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 10:40:09 AM »

When I got Kira and M'noke from the pet store, Kira was sleeping in the bath.  They would leave it in for 24 hours because they had 5 chins.  I asked for her, and they started to get her out, well, two others were in there with her, sleeping away on the dust and cuddling!   rofl  Crazy chins!

Asikovsek

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
    • Oil Creek Chins
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 03:19:47 AM »

you shouldnt leave the dust bath in the cage for several reasons.  Not only can they bacteria start from them soiling in it but just bacteria in general from being in the cage.  Because chins cant be bathed with water, dust is their water, and it has to be kept fresh and clean.  Leaving the bath in the cage would be like if you went to take a bath, bathed and then didnt drain the water and a week later went back into the same water you bathed in a week ago.  I pour their dust into their baths let them bath for a few minutes then make sure the dust isnt soiled and pour it back into the proper containers (each group of chins get different dust baths) Then every 2 weeks I give the dist baths a good scrub down to keep it free from any bacteria.  Keeping the dust and baths really clean also brings out more color in your chin.  Ill wipe down my pink whites really good with a baby wipe let them dry for a few then let them get a dust bath it keeps them really white! see:
Pages: [1]   Go Up