Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Wheel  (Read 5227 times)

Twitter

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
The Wheel
« on: April 07, 2008, 05:48:02 AM »

I'm not really sure if this goes here but I have a question about the wheel. My chinchilla dosent use it ever. All he does is sit on it and when it moves he freaks out. I'd really like him to learn how to use it so on the days I dont let him out he can still get some excersize. Does anyone know anything I could do to teach him how to use it?
**Poncho**
My baby boy!

Brazilnut

• Appreciation points: 4
  • Chloe & me
    • View Profile
Re: The Wheel
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 10:33:57 AM »

Hi Twitter!

I've heard of owners "teaching" their chin by walking their fingers in the wheel. If you do this a couple of times for a few days, he should eventually figure it out. Chins are so smart!!  ::(:Down::

ChillinChinchillas

• Appreciation points: 3
  • Evie's Easter Pic!
    • View Profile
    • Chillin' Chinchillas
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 01:05:57 PM »

I have heard of a lot of people thinking that their chins don't know how to use the wheels when they are really using them when their owners are asleep. He might be using it and you just don't know it. Maybe a little stagefright!
~Kristin Carlin~
**Chillin' Chinchillas**
(Petie, Roxxy, Addietouille, Widgette, JellyBean, & Smokey, Jovey, Chae, Emma, Rocky, Chance, Daisey, Porter, Tucker, and Ollie)
http://www.chillinchinchillas.com

Twitter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 03:34:07 PM »

I've actually done the finger thing a couple of times, and he seems to get interested after and hop on. Maybe I'll try to do that more often. But like ChillinChinchillas said, he could be using it and I just dont know. Maybe I'll get a carmera and spy on him ::)
**Poncho**
My baby boy!

Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 06:16:42 PM »

I think it took Lulu about two months of having her flying saucer before she showed any interest, and figured out how to use it.  Give it time. ::nod::

nemue

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 08:14:22 AM »

I thought my girls weren't using their wheel, until one night we could hear squeaking coming from the room (the wheel is very squeaky).  When I went in there whoever it was had hopped off and was sitting innocently on the other side of the cage.  They were too self-conscious for a long time to run in front of me, and I only knew they were running because it made so much noise.  Now they do it when I"m cleaning the cage from right beside them.  You could have a closet wheel runner.   rofl

Brazilnut

• Appreciation points: 4
  • Chloe & me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 06:12:00 PM »

Just wanted to share that my little Chloe figured out her chin spin on the very first day!  :::grins::
Pages: [1]   Go Up