Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kittens and chins  (Read 6021 times)

Hoppinchins

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Kittens and chins
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 03:29:10 PM »

cadillactaste,

Thanks. I like what you said.

that kitten is just to stinkin' cute! As for Sarge...we nicknamed him "FATHEAD"... ::) But he sends sloppy wet kisses straight from the water dish...

I know the kitten is soo cute. Thats my picture I have for my wallpaper on the phone so I see it all the time. When I see it, I'm like, I want it.

cadillactaste

• Appreciation points: 5
  • Fluffy (Standard) and Nibbles (Violet)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009, 04:46:26 PM »

Just use precaution...and you should be fine...When the chins are out...make sure the cat is closed in another room. And keep the chins door to their room shut at all times.

He/she is stinkin' cute...you got a name yet for it? Hm-mm
~Darlene

Deeliteful

• Appreciation points: 3
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009, 11:35:35 PM »

OMG Joann I could see the Big Dane in there with the Chins getting love . Hehehehe. For some reason that just tickles me . We have a Border collie that plays with the chins . He will get up to the cage and they will bounce around and he will bounce and bob with them . When we put chuppers in the ball Smokey gets chased all over the house . Its their game.

I was going to say something about the feline distemper . I remember you saying that when I first got on these forums . The Hubbies sister once again ended up with cats she couldn't care for and wanted to bring them here . She is the one we got Chuppers from . I had to tell her no because of the risk if distemper. That and I have way too many rodents in the house for a cat to be around . Its a kitty shemoregesbourg (sp) in here.

cadillactaste

• Appreciation points: 5
  • Fluffy (Standard) and Nibbles (Violet)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2009, 04:55:16 AM »

Yes...Jo Ann...I just popped back to the topic to show my kids that picture...They LOVED your dog...Couldn't get over he didn't think your chin a play toy...
~Darlene

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2009, 06:51:40 AM »

::silly::  I think they will get a kick out of these two stories.    :::grins::
Check out:  http://www.luvnchins.com/VideoLadyAndKit.html

And this one:  http://www.luvnchins.com/AChinsPointOfView.html  This one is 3 pages ... a cartoon story about Lady, one of the Danes, and our little chin that wants to be a dentist.
Be prepaired for a shocker ... the kit is checking Lady's teeth and has her head stuck in Lady's open mouth.  But, she is in no danger.

A couple of years ago ... every time we left, one of the chins would get out of it's cage ... a different chin each time ... or a pair of chins would get out together.  As soon as we returned, Lady would take us to the chin rooms and show us that a cage door was open and the cage was empty ... then she would show us where the chin was hiding.  We were buying extra locks for each cage, so that they could not escape again.

After about 3 months of this, we came home to a pair that had gotten loose.  Lady, as usual, showed us were they were.  We caught them and put them back in the cage ... as usual, Lady had to check them out to make sure they were OK.   But ... they started fussing at Lady ... we couldn't understand why ... she was just looking at them ... then we found out why ... she opened the door to let them back out!  Apparently, every time we would leave, she would become lonely, so she would let a chin or a pair of chins out to play with her.  We found they would come to her when she made a certain noise ... they would crawl all over her and play hide and seek with her.  That's the reason for the second Dane, because Lady wanted a playmate. 

Often, when Lady yawns, one of the young ones will jump into her mouth ... she keeps her mouth open until the little one jumps out.

::howdythere::  Jo Ann
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 06:56:00 AM by Jo Ann »
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2009, 10:14:57 AM »

Aww, thats a cute story Jo Ann.

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 12:13:25 PM »

I ended up getting the kitty. He's at my boyfriends. I got him yesterday. He's 7 weeks old. I think we are going to name him waldo. Like where's waldo. He's 7 weeks old. I took him home for abit yesterday. He didn't seem intrested in my chins. Atleast not yet.  When move in with my b/f, the chins will be in there own room so they will be safe from the cat. Pogo was on the saucer and it makes kinda a loud noise and it scared the kitty. He went inside the carring cage. I woke up this morning to this... Aren't they cute?

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 01:06:18 PM »

I brought my kitty, Waldo home a few weeks ago for a few hours. I had the fence up and I let my chins out. Snowie doesn't come out much during the day, but pogo always comes out. It was cute because Pogo was just as interested in Waldo and Waldo was in him. Pogo would get close to the fence and then waldo would inch closer. I kept a very close eye on them. I think Pogo might have scared Waldo a bit to.

After awhile I put my chins back in the cage and I took down the fence. I had made a whole in a shoe box for my chins to play with. I find out that my kitty likes to play with it also. I'll have to up load a pic of him in a shoe box. So I made him one at my boyfriends house to play with. For now, he's small enough to get in it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up