Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chinchillas, Anyone?  (Read 6228 times)

glafond

• Appreciation points: 5
  • # of Chins: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Chinchillas, Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 08:59:46 PM »

I have 6 boys.

4 in one cage together and 2 in another cage together.

The 4 are Fluff (white mosaic), Milk Dud (brown velvet), Ratatouillie (standard), and Stitch (standard, violet carrier). All 4 are 10-12 months.

The 2 are Casper (homo tan or beige sapphire carrier) and Smokey (standard sapphire carrier). They are both 5-6 months.

I like their unique behavior and the fact that you never know what is coming next. Some of them have really neat personalities. When I open the cage door, sometimes Casper gets so excited that he pop-corns out of the cage.

Snickerdoodlesmom

• Proud mom of Snickerdoodle
  • Appreciation points: 11
  • # of Chins: One
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 09:30:46 AM »

I have one boy, snickerdoodle. He teaches me that every day is a new beginning.
I love the adoration I get from my fluffy baby. I love when he takes baths and when he popcorns (which happens a lot!) I love him and would do anything for him :)
- Dvora, Snickerdoodle's Momma

Stephie23

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 08:41:32 AM »

I'm new to the board and I think this is a great post to jump in on...

I have 1 chinchilla currently. Her name is Miss Belle. I'm not sure, but I think she's a Black Velvet. I'm new to owning a chin. I got her from my sister who adopted her from someone else. She's about 4 1/2 years old. She's a very active chin and is becoming more and more social with myself and my boyfriend since bringing her home and keeping her in a common area where we spend all our time. She even interacts with my two dogs who weren't too sure about her to start. (safely from inside her cage)

I have always been a rodent lover (had a couple hamsters who had a few litters when I was a kid), and have enjoyed having small birds as well. I've been researching chinchilla care, best options for cages, their little quirks and demands, etc for the past 5-6 months. I'm still learning about mistakes my sister made and things I've had to change as well as mistakes I've made and habits to change. I can't wait to learn more and possibly add another chin to my home. :)
New Chin Mama to Belle! Here to learn!!

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 07:36:49 AM »

Welcome to the forum!!  Your chinchilla is so cute!  Does she has a white belly?  From the picture it looks like she has a dark belly which would make her an Ebony.  I looking forward to hearing more about your chinchilla.  :)

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina

Stephie23

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 06:36:00 PM »

Welcome to the forum!!  Your chinchilla is so cute!  Does she has a white belly?  From the picture it looks like she has a dark belly which would make her an Ebony.  I looking forward to hearing more about your chinchilla.  :)

Thank you!! :) I'm happy to be here! :) Her belly is nice and dark, so she's an Ebony for sure. She's a spunky one, but super sweet at the same time. Very vocal and doesn't like us touching her back at all, but when she lets us hold her she really enjoys a rub down and behind her ears and jaw rubbed. She's such a goofy thing. She absolutely loves running around the house and treats of all kinds (safe ones). She bounces around her cage like she's flying (we're trying to figure out a larger cage for her so she can do this more). Talks to us from time to time, and her best friend seems to be a 45 lb lab mix (boyfriends parent's dog). LOL!
New Chin Mama to Belle! Here to learn!!

Jessica Williams

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 07:39:12 PM »

Hello Everyone! I just wanted to make this post so people could say:

1. How many chins do you have currently? 7 of my own and 2 babies

2.What are some of your chins names? Jill, Jack, Joy, J.D., Joe, Jewel, Jay Jay, Jo Ann, Jackie, Jaden Including mine whom have passed away...there have been many babies also

3. What do you like most about chins?  I love everything about my chinchillas!

I have had chinchillas and have been breeding them since 2009.  I love them and know more about them than some scientists I think.  What's not to love???

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up