Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New member with some new additions  (Read 1162 times)

DylanJ97

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 3
    • View Profile
New member with some new additions
« on: January 02, 2015, 05:45:16 PM »

Hello everybody, my names Dylan and im a new member around here just looking to learn a thing or two and meet some other chinchilla lovers! ;)

I currently own 3 male chinchillas, all being rescues. 1 of which i have had for a year. He is a large mosaic male named Chilly, not sure of his age though. He was a rescue from a meth house and has been with me since last January. 
My other 2 lovelies are new additions. I picked them up Wednesday night for free from a guy off craigslist who could no longer care for them. They are around 3 years old but a good bit smaller than Chilly. They are a normal grey and either an ebony or black velvet... Not sure of the differences between the two. Their names are Ollie & Dex. 
The 3 are currently in 2 separate cages until they are used to each other, then they will be in a double ferret nation cage. 

Now just a short little bit on my other pets. I currently own 2 snakes (1.1 pair of ball pythons), and rats along with my chinchillas. I used to breed angelfish for several years but i recently shut that down. 

I can't wait to learn a little about you guys and learn from what you know about these amazing creatures! 
Happy new years!!
Dylan

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: New member with some new additions
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 02:04:59 PM »

Welcome to our boards. Feel free to ask questions. What one of us may not be able to answer someone else probably will. Congrats on your new pets.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

LYChinchillas

• Appreciation points: 10
  • # of Chins: 5
  • I love my 5 chins!
    • View Profile
    • LY Chinchillas Website
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 04:51:12 PM »

Nice!

Ebonies are a shade of gray/black all the way around, standards are gray with white tummies, and black velvets are black with white tummies. Very happy you were able to save your chinnies! Also, when dealing with pairs, it might be tough to make that trio work - although if you take your introductions slow and steady enough, and their personalities are amicable, it could work. Good luck with that!
Mittenmaus * Mufftoneous * Lulu * Fifi * Koko & me, Lisa!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/NYChinchillas
Instagram: www.instagram.com/LYChinchillas
Facebook: www.facebook.com/LYChinchillas
Twitter: www.twitter.com/LYChinchillas

Cereal-Killer

• Chinchilla Decompresser
  • Appreciation points: 2
  • # of Chins: One
  • Eats Cereal, Hugs her Chinchilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 04:37:48 PM »

How different is Chilly's behavior? He will take longer to bond, considering he was abused, but look for signs of not eating, or agressive behavior. Be sure to have a vet throughly check him out as well
Be bold, be </strong >
Pages: [1]   Go Up